Cryometrix T-160 Ultra Low Temp Freezer
The Cryometrix T-160 Ultra-Low Temperature Freezer is a powerful cryogenic freezer, capable of reaching temperatures as low as -160°C. Using a contained liquid nitrogen system, the T-160 doesn’t expose user or product to liquid nitrogen. By removing the need for a mechanical compressor, the T-160 requires little electricity and practically no maintenance.
Reaching -160°C traditionally required large vat freezers that immerse the product in liquid nitrogen. The T-160 replaces this expensive and dangerous practice with one as simple as a household refrigerator.
Cryometrix Liquid Nitrogen Technology is patented and patent pending.
T-160 Ultra-low Temperature Storage Freezer
3 Standard User Security Levels
Up to 100 Individual Users
(configure control to set point, access, and other advanced security settings)
Manual CSV export available of trend data
up to 3 hours
7″ Touchscreen LCD
20 Years, Cooling System for Parts
Virtual technical support;
(Includes Control Valve Replacement)
20°C to -160°C
2°C + / 15°C –
304 Stainless Steel
1062 millimeters / 41.8 inches
1224 millimeters / 48.2 inches
2110 millimeters / 83 inches
738 kilograms / 1626 pounds
304 Stainless Steel
17 in (432 mm)
26 in (660 mm)
16.5 in (419 mm)
4.2 cu ft (120 L)
6 laid flat (2 on each level)
3 laid flat
6.5 A peak in Freeze mode.
16 A in Thaw mode.
30 – 100 psi
CGA 295 Male Fitting
*Optional IPC upgrade – 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance package
Designed and Manufactured in the USA
Next-Gen Liquid Nitrogen Tech
- Cryometrix freezers don’t use traditional mechanical compressors. Mechanical compressors utilize refrigerants, an example being freon, to produce cold temperatures. These are noisy and use large amounts of electricity.
- LN2 has a boiling point of -196°C, enabling freezers who use it to go to temperatures as low as -196°C. Most refrigerants have boiling points greater than -100°C, making it difficult for freezers using them to operate at temperatures below that.
Low Energy Usage
- Cryometrix freezers use 7x less electricity than comparable lab freezers.
- LN2 operates on pressure and requires no electricity to function, enabling it to function without power in an emergency situation.
- Cryometrix freezers don’t require HVAC systems to cool the ambient temperature in order to operate. They can operate in any ambiance, and actually cool the environment around it.
- There are practically no moving parts on Cryometrix freezers, making them last up to 4 times as long as comparable lab freezers with hardly any maintenance.
- Cryometrix freezers consume little electricity, enabling the customer to add units to their facility with zero electrical complications.
- The effective footprint is below 8 square feet and little to no space is needed on the sides, easily fitting into any facility.
Extreme Versatility: Many liquid nitrogen freezers directly expose the product to the nitrogen, limiting its usage. The T-160 Storage Freezer uses a contained liquid nitrogen system, enabling the low temperature of liquid nitrogen technology with the flexibility of traditional compressor-based systems.
20 Year Warranty: Cryometrix freezers automatically come with a 20-year warranty on their cooling systems.
Clean Emissions: Cryometrix freezers only emit nitrogen outside your building, which already makes up over 75% of the Earth’s atmosphere.
Long-Lasting: The cooling system of Cryometrix freezers are built to last 20 years, with a warranty to cover it.
Space Efficient: Cryometrix freezers have the smallest footprint for its volume, costing less in floor space and allowing you to fit more units in your current space.
Simple Design: The upright design allows for quick and convenient access, reducing labor costs and risks.
Low Energy Costs
- LN2 technology uses much less electricity than traditional compressor-based technologies.
- Cryometrix freezers don’t need energy intensive HVAC systems to operate efficiently.
Efficient LN2 Usage: The T-160 doesn’t waste the nitrogen it uses, maximizing capability.
Closed Nitrogen System
- There is zero contact between LN2 and the operator or product.
- LN2 storage is simple and completely autonomous.
Unreactive: Nitrogen isn’t flammable or explosive like many refrigerants used in compressor-based technologies.
Easy Cleaning: The 100% stainless steel interior/exterior of the freezer is easy to clean without harsh industrial chemicals.
Closed System: No LN2 is exposed to the sample, maintaining the samples integrity.
Data-Logging: Cryometrix freezers automatically track temperature and other useful data.
Emergency Valve: Cryometrix freezers have redundant manual valves that can be used during a power outage to maintain the temperature in the payload bay.
Temperature Uniformity: Multiple fans create a high flux of airflow to maintain uniform temperature within the payload bay.