Cryometrix L-80 Max Chiller
Say Hello to the new 2021 L-80 MAX Liquid Chiller. Smaller Footprint, Faster Performance, More Automation.
The L-80 MAX is the fastest ethanol liquid chiller on the market. Capable of chilling 120 gallons of Ethanol to -40 °C in 25 minutes.
L-80 is the most powerful and price-efficient tool for chilling ethanol. Featuring patent-pending technology, the L-80 is specifically designed to work with liquids like ethanol for CBD extraction and winterization. Use our L-80 as a cannabinoid chiller for your process!
The L-80 is portable (retractable casters), requires zero changes to your build’s infrastructure, and has a low power requirement of 110 volts, enabling it to be implemented in any facility. With practically silent operation, the L-80 Liquid Chiller is ideal for chilling ethanol for small or large-scale extraction processes.
Contact us at (801) 226-4100 for more information.
Cryometrix Liquid Nitrogen Technology is patented and patent pending.
Chilling vessel, cryogenic cooling system, and pumping system.
The L-80 requires only electricity and LN2 to function.
3 Standard User Levels
Up to 30 Individual Users
(configure control to setpoint, access, and other advanced security settings)
7” Touchscreen LCD
via USB Flash Drive
20°C to -80°C (68°F to -112°F)
± 5°C (± 9°F)
~ 55 min
~ 45 min
~ 30 min
~ 9 min
~ 4 min
~ 4 min
~ 3.78-7.5 L/min (1-2 gal/min)
(Width x Depth x Height)
843 mm x 962 mm x 2163 mm
(33 inches x 38 inches x 85 inches)
(Diameter x Height)
762 mm x 1168 mm
(30 inches x 46 inches)
454 liters (120 gallons)
Empty / 30 gal / 60 gal / 120 gal
30 gal – 120 gal
100 psi – 150 psi
1” JIC Fitting, 37° Flare to 1” JIC Fitting, 37° Flare
2” NPT Male Fitting
120 VAC Single Phase 60 Hz
230 VAC Single Phase 50 Hz
TBD by country
C1D2 Peer Reviewed
Made in the U.S.A
CBD Extraction Chiller: A common type of CBD extraction uses ethanol to extract useful cannabinoids. The warmer the ethanol, the more unwanted plant particulates are also extracted. Because of this, chilling the ethanol increases extracted Cannabinoid purity.
CBD Oil Winterization: Oil extracts tend to have plant material intermixed within them after extraction, including CO2 Hemp Extraction. The L-80 proves a powerful tool for extract winterization.
Research: Liquid chillers are typically large, bulky, and expensive, requiring large budgets for any research that required them. The L-80 allows for smaller, sleeker, and cheaper chilling of liquids used for research.
Manufacturing: The L-80 is suited for small operations or large scale industrial production.
Automatic Fill Stop: The L-80 will automatically stop pumping from the bulk liquid supply once the top fill level is reached.
Automatic Drain Stop: The L-80 will automatically stop pumping liquid out of the chilling chamber once the low level is reached.
Datalogging: The L-80 constantly logs liquid temperature, LN2 pressure, and pump load.
Food Grade Stainless Steel: The liquid being chilled within the L-80 only comes into contact with food-grade stainless steel.
Zero Workspace Modification
- The L-80 is small and portable, fitting into any workspace and can be moved with a pallet jack.
- Running on 110v, the L-80 can plug into common outlets.
- Zero heat is rejected into the room, so no HVAC is required.
Benefits over Compressor-Based Liquid Chillers
Less Maintenance: Unlike compressor-based chillers which have hundreds of moving parts, the L-80 has only a few moving parts, so very little maintenance is required.
Reduced Electric Power Usage: You will not need to run any power to your building when running our chiller.
Faster Chilling and Better Performance: The low temperature of LN2 enables the L-80 to chill rapidly and to lower temperatures.
Closed Nitrogen System
- There is zero contact between LN2 and the operator or product.
- LN2 storage is simple and completely autonomous.
Unreactive: Nitrogen isn’t flammable or explosive like many refrigerants used in compressor-based technologies.
Easy Cleaning: The 100% stainless steel design is easy to clean without harsh industrial chemicals.
Clean Emissions: Cryometrix products only emit nitrogen outside your building, which already makes up over 75% of the Earth’s atmosphere.
Next-Gen Liquid Nitrogen Tech
- Cryometrix products don’t use traditional mechanical compressors that utilize refrigerants, an example being freon, to produce cold temperatures. These are noisy and use large amounts of electricity.
- LN2 has a boiling point of -196°C, enabling temperatures as low as -196°C. Most refrigerants have boiling points greater than -100°C, making it difficult for technology that uses them to generate temperatures below that.
Low Energy Usage
- Cryometrix tech use 7x less electricity than comparable products.
- LN2 operates on pressure and requires no electricity to function, enabling it to function without power in emergency situations.
- Cryometrix freezing technology doesn’t require HVAC systems to cool the ambient temperature in order to operate. It can operate in any ambiance and cools the environment around it.
- There are practically no moving parts in Cryometrix LN2 freezing technology, making it last up to 4 times as long as comparable freezing technology, in addition to requiring hardly any maintenance.
- Cryometrix products consume little electricity, enabling the customer to add additional units to their facility with zero electrical complications.
- The effective footprint is 16 square feet and little to no space is needed on the sides, easily fitting into any facility.
Extreme Versatility: The L-80 can chill any liquid that can handle the ultra-low temperatures at which it operates.
Space Efficient: The Cryometrix L-80 Solvent Chiller has the smallest footprint for its liquid chilling capability, costing less in floor space and allowing you to fit more units in your current space.
Simple Design: The simple functioning and operation of the L-80 doesn’t require extensive training, reducing labor costs and risks.
Low Energy Costs
- LN2 technology uses much less electricity than traditional compressor-based technologies.
- Cryometrix products don’t need energy intensive HVAC systems to operate efficiently.
Greater Throughput: The increased capability of the L-80 allows faster turnaround times and thus greater profits.
Closed System: No LN2 is exposed to the sample, maintaining the samples integrity.
Data-Logging: The L-80 automatically tracks temperature and other useful data.
Temperature Uniformity: A pump maintains high flux throughout chilled liquid, maintaining even temperatures throughout.